Today I got my first four of EIGHT fillings that I have to get. I have eight surface cavities (which my dentist--whom I babysit for :) -- said isn't that bad since I haven't really been to a dentist in at least 10 years).
Anyway, I was SCARED to death. Like so insanely scared...not really of the drilling or anything because I knew once I was numbed I wouldn't be able to feel it...but of the numbing process--a shot in the mouth. I HATE HATE HATE needles. I tend to pass out or get pretty close to it.
I expressed to Brady (my dentist) how scared I was & he recommended that I take the laughing gas; it would help me relax. (Tori, did you notice I used a semicolon? Did I use it correctly, Ms. Grammar?) I was a little worried that the gas would make me unable to drive, so Audie came with me (Thanks, A).
They put the gas on me & at first I didn't really feel any difference. But, after awhile, I was VERY relaxed. Some people say they remember what happened while they were on the gas...but I don't. I remember A saying that I looked like Mike Wazowski from Monster's Inc because I had this nose thing on & the angle she was sitting at, she could only see the left side of my face...I remember laughing a lot about that & Brady saying to turn the gas down...LoL. I also vaguely remember Brady and I talking about Brad Paisley...not sure what about though, it must have been because GAC was on the tv in the room.
But, he filled in the 4 on the right side & I've got an appointment for the other 4 on the 22nd. I'm not too worried about it...in fact, I'm not at all...just give me the Happy Gas!!! :)
You are so funny! I too have a strong dislike for dentists and the whole needle in the mouth thing makes me cry just thinking about it!
ReplyDeleteI really don't remember that part...I was on the laughing gas & was feeling GOOD. haha. I go back in two weeks for the other four cavities & I'm not even worried about it. LOL.
ReplyDelete