Monday, March 2, 2009

Grandma Update

Well, the docs said that grandma did in fact have a stroke---a bad one.
I guess it started as a real bad headache Saturday night, along with a high fever. She went to bed, but began screaming and yelling about appraisals and stuff (she's a real estate appraiser) in the middle of the night, and they tried waking her and ended up calling the ambulance and taking her to the nearest hospital. She was flown from that hospital to another (in a helicopter). After a bunch of testing, they confirmed it was a stroke and that she is in a coma. They had to put her on a ventilator. There is a ton of bleeding on her brain--so much, that her brain had actually shifted.

Bill just called, and they are going to take her off the ventilator today. It doesn't sound like she will make it through the day.

Please be in prayer for Bill, Mark (my grandpa), John (my uncle), Kasey (my step-sister) & Britney (Kasey's half-sister). And for mom and I as well.
Thanks

2 comments:

  1. LORD, please hear our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, whatever happens know that you're in my thoughts. I know how much you care about your family and I know things aren't looking good right now but there are so many people out there who love you and are here for you.

    *hugs*
    -dixie

    ReplyDelete