Monday, December 8, 2008

8-25-08 to 12-8-08

I have always been self conscious about my weight. This semester, I took both water aerobics and swimming. I decided at the beginning of the semester I would write down my weight and do my best to get some of it off by now (the end of the semester). My (realistic) goal was to lose 10 pounds this semester.

So, like I said I was in Swimming and Water Aerobics all semester. In Water Aerobics, we were challenged to do the 100 mile challenge. Basically, walk, run, or swim 100 miles in the semester. I had about 3 weeks where I forgot to turn in my paper saying my mileage for the week, but I'm proud to say that I walked/ran/swam 168.5 miles this semester!

And...drumroll please...

I have lost 21.2 pounds!!!

I am super excited & am trying to continue to work and get some more weight off & shape up. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on surpassing your goal by doubling it!! I am super proud of you and your accomplishments!! I rejoice with you my beaufitul friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber!!!! I was going to email you and check and see how things were going but I thought I'd check your blog out instead since you're MUCH better at updating it than I am :)

    I was going to say that you look like you've lost weight, that's so AWESOME!!!!!!!! You're way ahead of me in getting in shape for the next beach to bay! I've been very lazy lately.....

    Hope to see ya Sunday, oh ya btw nice moves on Friday! That was awesome ;)

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey congrats on losing weight! I'm always trying to stay healthy but it is difficult sometimes. I find the hardest part is to exercise on a regular basis that's why I like cardio type classes where it is a set time that you go and can make it part of your regular schedule.


    I probably won't be back in Corpus at all anytime soon. I sold my old condo so now I have no real reason to go home except to see people so it just depends on finances and what time I have off.

    Funny, I'm going up to Washington DC for Christmas to visit my boyfriend's family but we're leaving a day or two after Christmas.

    Well, I hope you can come up to Austin at some point, maybe you could carpool with another old friend like if Juillet or Hali want to come up to visit?

    Good luck with all your tests although I think you might be finished now.

    ReplyDelete