Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Birthday

I actually had a pretty crummy 22nd birthday.

I started out the day waking up late & being really rushed getting to school. I went to drop papers off at FinAid, and the lady told me that I have too many hours to get a loan and that I would have to go change my major because I should've already completed the major I have down right now (Early Childhood K-4th grade---since they don't have Religious Education at DMC). So, she sent me to an advisors office.

So, I sat down with Dr. M something or other & she basically told me that since we're dealing with the Federal Government/Loans that I'm lucky they caught me being dually enrolled in the colleges because if the Gov't had, I could be in trouble (I guess they thought I was applying for FinAid at both colleges, which I'm not.). The advisor told me that they needed a transcript from HPU to update my records. So after a half hour at Fin Aid and an hour at the advisors, I had to go to class.

On my way to class, I contacted Dr. Maxwell & asked about getting HPU transcripts. She said I'd have to fill out stuff and send it to HPU then they could either fax or send my transcripts to DMC.

So, after class, I went back to the registrar's office & asked if a faxed transcript would be considered official. The lady said no, and I asked if there was any electronic way that they would accept it. She said she would go ask her supervisor.

So, this lady, Priscilla, comes up to the window, and very rudely asks, "Are you the girl that was in Dr. M somethings office earlier?" I said "yes ma'am, I was" and she totally flipped out on me. She started with, "I don't know what it is you don't understand, I thought I explained it simple enough for you, but I guess not..." and she went on for like 5 minutes, not letting me stop and explain that I understood they needed an official transcript, but was wondering if I could get it emailed or faxed because HPU will take awhile to get it in and I need my loan asap.

So, as I left the office, feeling like a complete idiot, I called my mom, bawling like a baby. She was so rude to me (the lady at the registrar's, not mom).

I went to Water Aerobics & Swimming. They were okay, but not the greatest.

Then, I went to SCS to sign the stuff for my transcripts from HPU and got stuck in the base's 230/3 o'clock going home from work traffic. It took me till 330 to make it to church to pick up my paycheck. I went & deposited it, then went home for a nap.

I couldn't sleep. Boo.
But, I did get some cuddling time in with my cat. :-)

After all that, I had dinner at Olive Garden. It was great. Aunt Maggie, Megan, Tori, Amanda, Mom, Bill, Shawna, Audie, Juillet, and her friend came. So we had a nice little party. I got gift cards to the mall, Macy's, and target (I've already spent the mall & macy's cards--got 2 new pairs of jeans and some stuff from bath & body...I also bought 2 pairs of shoes...but I spent my own money on thoes...shh.). Then Audie and I went to pick up carseats at Erin's, and she gave me a gift card to Chili's/On the Border/Macaroni Grill/Maggianos (it's one that can be used at any of those places). Mom gave me a Bible Application book too.

I went home & was in bed, and asleep before my "actual" birth time (10:39 pm).

No comments:

Post a Comment