Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thanks, God...for saving my life...literally

Yesterday, I completely and totally felt the presence of God. I don't want to get into too many details, but I'll explain a bit. A friend of mine's father's house was broken into & vandalized. Her aunt called us & asked us to go check it out. When we got there, the person who had broken in had also changed the locks. We went around the back of the house to see if we could get into the back door when we met the neighbors. They talked to us and told us what was going on. Later, another neighbor came by and said that he had seen the boy who had been breaking in jump the fence about 30 minutes ago. I looked at my watch, and it had been about 35 minutes since we had tried the front door...so, we are assuming that he was in the house when we were rattling the door knob. I can't imagine what would have happened if we would've been able to get in and see him sitting on the couch, smoking his joint (that was laying on the coffee table). There were weapons everywhere that he could have very easily picked up and used on us or he could have raped us or held us hostage or anything.
I praise God for being there with us and allowing the doors to be messed up and the neighbors to be there. I think if the neighbor wouldn't have stopped us to talk to us, we would've been coming around the back door just at the time he was going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment